Yogeshwari Mahavidyalaya of our institute started in 1956. The Arts and Commerce faculties started in the same college in 1960. The college got bifurcated in 1970 and our college which runs Arts and Commerce faculties was named after Rev. Swami Ramanand Teerth. The great Hydrabad Mukti Sangram leader. Under the able guidance of late Principal Shri. B.K. Subnis, our college prospered and got directives for future progress. Our college aims uplifting the poor and downtrodden sections of society.
The governing council is a highly learned, experienced and devoted members. We feel it our pride as we have produced Politicians, artists, lowers, judges, teachers and academicians.
Our college is situated in 7 acres of land. It runs PG courses in various seven disciplines. Our college runs a hostel named after great social worker from maharashtra, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule, accommodating 300 students which is meant especially for students coming from poor and back word communities. Our college has a big library consisting near about 1,30,000 books, facilitating a spacious reading hall and a reference hall. It has a computer lab where various computer courses are run for our students. Our college has a well equipped gymnasium. We provide facilities to our students for indoor and ourdoor games. We have a big-spacious stadium accommodating 5000 spectators. The college has a pleasant, surroundings with a big lake and green campus. Our college runs UGC-Network Resource center and Competitive examination center for our staff and students. Remedial coaching classes are conducted every year. We have devoted and qualified staffed
The college has got National Gold Star Award from International Business Council in 1989. We have undergone the Re-accreditation process and have been awarded “B” grade and we have been striving for quality enhancement excellence and the all sided development of our students.